The Boca Raton Airport Authority maintains Noise Abatement and Community Education Programs. These programs are completed with the help of two dedicated employees, a Noise Abatement Administrator
and a Public Affairs Administrator. Staff works closely with the residential and aviation communities to ensure that the airport and aviation communities remain sensitive to South Florida's quality of life issues.
Other elements of the Noise Abatement Program include:
- Noise Abatement Procedures for Pilots
- Citizen Input and a Noise Abatement Hotline
- Aviation Advisory Committee (AAC) for community input
- Internet based flight tracking system
- Noise Abatement flight cards for pilots
- 2001 FAA Part 150 Noise Study Update with new Land Use Elements and updated Noise Contours
- Noise Monitoring and Flight Tracking System (NMFTS) with 6 perminent noise moitors situated in the community
The Noise Abatement Program contains a number of different voluntary flight and operational procedures. These include procedures for a voluntary night time curfew, touch & go activities, stop & go activities,
recommended noise abatement flight paths (as shown in the diagram to the left), and high power run-up authorization. For a more detailed list of the Boca Raton Airport Authority Noise Abatement Procedures click here
or click on the diagram to view a larger picture.
The Noise Abatement Program is designed to mitigate aircraft noise,
as well as, educate the public on the procedures used to operate
a Noise Sensitive Airport.
The following are functions that comprise the Community Affairs side of the Noise Abatement Program:
- Respond promptly to residents concerns
- Encourage two-way flow of communications with effected communities
- Inquire about specific flights by utilizing the Flight Tracking
- Check data from the Portable Noise Monitoring System, which
records noise levels within residential and other areas of concern
- Communicate with pilots on noise procedures
- Coordinate with nearby airports
Call for more information about noise abatement during office
hours 8:00am - 4:30pm
Noise Hotline Number:
A 24-hour Hotline which citizens can call to report aircraft noise.
Want to know more? Click on the subjects listed below for additional information.
Pilot Noise Abatement Procedures
The Sound Initiative Effort
Part 150 Noise Studies and Maps